Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Miss me already?

My friend came from Japan to Vegas. We had a lot of fun. It has also been a busy week so far. My allergies are in high gear right now so it hurts to blink.

In more frightening news, Daisuke has his driver's license now. The roads of Japan are no longer safe for people. *laughs* In all honesty though he's probably a better driver than most people here. I say this because driver's tests in Japan are a lot more strict than here. The roads are a lot more dangerous in Japan because of size. Most people complain when they see a two lane road. Or on some of the "smaller" streets they say "This street is too narrow! It's dangerous!" what they don't know is that Japan's roads are half the width of ours here in America. A typical Japanese residential street has just enough space for one care to pass through. If another car is coming the other direction they play chicken and squeeze by each other before getting out of the way. When my friend's wife was in the car with me she commented that American roads were so big, and couldn't believe that people were allowed to park on the street. I asked if that was not allowed in Japan. (all the times I've been there I've never payed attention to that simple fact) she said "absolutely not!" I remember reading about how if a person did not have proof of a place to park their car, then they would not be allowed to register it or get insurance. So it doesn't surprise me to hear that parking on the roads is prohibited.

... I wonder if Hiro will let Daichan drive his car?

No comments: