Friday, August 14, 2009

Fire shadow

Hey everyone its me again!

How are you?

I only have one week left in Japan! ;_;
Its been really fun so far. I`m going to miss it again but I also miss my kitty. ;_;

Today I`m going to teach you some words to remember for when you are having fun!

盛り上がれ(もりあがれ)-moriagare
やり過ぎる (やりすぎる)- yarisugiru

These are both words that don`t really translate well but I will make an attempt to explain them.

moriagare littlerally means "To Swell" but when you hear this at a concert it means "GET EXCITED!! access often use this term.

yarisugi is a more commonplace word so I`m going to spend a little more time on this one.
sugi at the end of yarisugi means "too much" yarisugi means "to go overboard" but sugi can be added to almost verb. It turns the word into a ru word. Like adding -suru to a word.
example:
tabesugi - to eat too much
nomisugi - to drink too much (usually referrs to liquor)
nesugi - to sleep too much (usually means overslept)
kaisugi - to buy too much

To make this compound simply take a verb in its masu form and drop the masu and add sugi.
Try it out!

yari in yarisugi is the inpolite form of to do - suru you are saying I did too much litterally.

Well thats all for today. I better stop before I kakisugi!

See you next round!!!!

1 comment:

toramizu said...

access's fav word!!

thanks for da info!!